August 4, 2016
Supported by the University of Chicago's Big Ideas Generator (BIG), the Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS) was proud to co-host, along with the Computation Institute (CI), a workshop for primarily UChicago faculty researchers to assemble and discuss the numerous "big data" investigative projects occuring on campus currently and potentially create new collabortive connections. (read more)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Johnathan Silverstein: "Predictive Modeling Integrated in Healthcare"
- Tamara Konetzka: "Big Data Before the Term Existed"
- Andrey Rzhetsky: "Adventures with Large Datasets"
- Robert Grossman: "How Data Commons are Changing the Way We Share Research Data and Make Discoveries"
- Ian Foster: "A Safe Data Platform for Social Science Research"
- Samuel Volcheboum: "Using Big Data to Make Hospitals Safer"
- Michael Franklin and Robert Rosner: "Big Data in Health at the University of Chicago"
Robert Grossman: "How Data Commons are Changing the Way We Share Research Data and Make Discoveries"