The Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS) at the University of Chicago is celebrating its 50th anniversary. In commemoration of the 50th anniversary, a one-day conference with the theme of Equity and Choice in Health Care Access was held on April 12, 2013 at the Gleacher Center in Chicago, IL. The conference convened key thought leaders from across the country to focus on issues related to health care access post-Affordable Care Act.
- Richard Frank, Margaret T. Morris Professor of Health Economics in the Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School
- Harold Pollack, Helen Ross Professor, University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- David Cutler, Otto Eckstein Professor of Applied Economics in the Department of Economics, Harvard University
- Howard Gleckman, Resident Fellow, Urban Institute; Consultant and Editor, TaxVox Blog
- Tamara Konetzka, Associate Professor, Health Services Research, University of Chicago
- Sherry Glied, Professor of Health Policy and Management, Columbia University
- Julia Lynch, Associate Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- Norman Daniels, Mary B. Saltonstall Professor of Population Ethics and Professor of Ethics and Population Health, Harvard University
- Colleen Grogan, Professor, University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- Jonathan Skinner, James O. Freeman Presidential Professor of Economics, Dartmouth College
- Henry Aaron, Bruce and Virginia MacLaury Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
Click here to see the photo album from the conference. Videotaped sessions from the conference can be found here. Thank you to all who participated and contributed to an informative and successful day!