Michael M. Davis Lecture Series
There are no Davis Lectures scheduled for Summer 2013. Lectures will resume in Fall 2013. All lectures will be held on Tuesdays from 12:00pm to 1:30pm at the School of Social Service Administration, 969 E. 60th Street, Chicago, IL. The lectures are free and open to the public, but registration is required. Please visit the CHAS website page for the current Michael M. Davis Lecture Series to view the PowerPoint presentations from several of the lectures held this academic year.
CHAS 50th Anniversary Conference VIDEOS AVAILABLE ONLINE
The Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS) at the University of Chicago is celebrating its 50th anniversary. In commemoration of the 50th anniversary, a one-day conference with the theme of Equity and Choice in Health Care Access was held on April 12, 2013 at the Gleacher Center in Chicago, IL. The conference convened key thought leaders from across the country to focus on issues related to health care access post-Affordable Care Act. Click the individual links below for videotaped sessions from the conference.
- Welcome: Equity and Choice in Health Care Access
- The Future of Long-Term Care Financing in a Post-CLASS World
- Dual Eligibility: Choice and Access for Individuals Eligible for Medicare and Medicaid
- Response: Long-Term Care Needs and Access to Care under the ACA
- Health Reform and the Cost Curve
- The Impact of Coverage Expansion on Vulnerable Populations
- Response: Cost/Coverage Harmony or Trade-Offs under the ACA
- Keynote Address: The Affordable Care Act: An Insider’s View
- A Frame for Fairness
- The Connection between Equity and Fairness in Policy Design in View of ACA
- Response: Is the Health Care System More Equitable and Fair under the ACA?
- What Does the Public Want from Comparative Effectiveness Research? Evidence from National Surveys
- ACOs and Inequality
- Response: System Transformation and the ACA
- Closing Address: Today in Health Reform: The Calm between the Storms