New online grants submission portal for CHAS Seed Grants program
New proposals for CHAS seed grants being acceptedSeptember 1, 2015 through October 31, 2015. New awards will be funded for the performance cycle of January 2016-December 2017. A completely online grants application portal for CHAS Seed Grant proposals is now available.
To submit a proposal, please proceed to the portal at: http://chas.uchucago.edu/grants
To learn more about the CHAS seed grant program, please see: http://www.ssa.uchicago.edu/seed-grant-criteria
Upcoming Michael Davis Lecture series: Autumn 2015
This upcoming 2015 Autumn Quarter, CHAS is honored to host the following faculty members as Michael M. Davis lecturers:
- October 6, 2015: “The Future of Mental Health Measurement,” Robert Gibbons, Ph.D. Professor, Departments of Medicine & Public Health Sciences (Biostatistics) at The University of Chicago
- October 6, 2015: “Reducing Inappropriate Prescribing in Medicare Part D: Evidence from a Randomized Intervention,” Adam Sacarny, Ph.D. Scholar, RWJF Scholars in Health Policy Research Program at Harvard University
- October 20, 2015: “Chicago Lakeside: A Study of Neighborhood Context from the Ground Up,” Kathleen Cagney, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Sociology and Health Studies; Director, Population Research Center, NORC atThe University of Chicago
- October 27, 2015: “Behavioral Health Problems in Childhood and Adolescence: The Power of Prevention,” Jeffrey Jenson, Ph.D. Philip D. and Eleanor G. Winn Professor for Children and Youth at Risk, Denver University
- November 3, 2015: “Results of the Project AWARE Randomized Clinical Trial: A Case for De-implementation Science in the Field of HIV Prevention” Lisa Metsch, M.A., Ph.D. Chair and Stephen Smith Professor of Sociomedical Sciences at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- November 10, 2015: “The Future of Health Care Policy for Aging Populations,” Jon Oberlander, MPhil, Ph.D. Professor and Chair, Social Medicine; Professor, Health Policy & Management; Adjunct Professor, Political Science atUniversity of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- November 17, 2015: “Developing A New Asthma Treatment,” Julian Solway, M.D. Walter L. Palmer Distinguished Service Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics; Dean for Translational Medicine, Biological Sciences Division; Vice Chair for Research, Department of Medicine; Chair, Committee on Molecular Medicine, University of Chicago
Please refer to the full Davis lecture series schedule, including the Spring 2016 schedule, at our Event Brite Page.
Congrats to 2015 Dissertation Award winner!
SSA doctoral student, Marianne Brennan, has been awarded the 2015-2016 CHAS Predoctoral Dissertation Stipend starting in the 2015 Winter Quarter. Ms. Brennan’s dissertation research explores mental health service delivery in the context of contemporary Medicaid reforms, with a focus on how ideas about mental health shape policy implementation. She has her M.A. & M.P.P. degrees from The University of Chicago and her B.A. & M.A. from the University of Kentucky.
Please Notify CHAS of Potential Co-Sponsorship Opportunities
The Center for Health Administration Studies supports and co-sponsors academic conferences pertaining to improving health policy and services for vulnerable populations. Previous CHAS sponsorships include SHINE conferences, the Smart Decarceration Initiative Conference, the annual Health Leads Summit and the Booth Healthcare Group Conference. You can find out more about these and other upcoming events at: http://www.ssa.uchicago.edu/conferences-seminars-and-workshops.